Can’t attend an in-person workshop, but still interested in training? Check out our non-profit training courses available online, and learn at your own pace, in your own home or workplace.
Board Governance Essentials
A strong and dedicated board of directors is the backbone of a non-profit organization. The more effectively a board is run, the more it can contribute to the success of the organization. Board chairs, board members and executive directors who work with boards will all benefit from this workshop devoted to best practices in board governance.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- understand the importance and components of a good governance structure
- know the roles, duties and responsibilities of Board and committee members
- understand the connection between the Board and the general manager
- understand the effectiveness of your own Board and its committees
- recognize effective Board meetings
Cost: $60 per person (plus tax)
Engaging and Retaining Volunteers
All non-profit organizations need committed volunteers in order to succeed. Most people want to help with a worthy cause in their community. The key to success for any non-profit is finding those volunteers that best match the needs of the organization. This course will explore what motivates people to volunteer and how your organization can better recruit volunteers to help you fulfill your mission and vision.
By the end of this course you will:
- Better understand why people are motivated to volunteer
- Improve your knowledge of volunteer recruitment best practices
- Gain valuable tips and tools to help your organization engage and retain volunteers
Cost: $60 per person (plus included)
Register for LearnSphere Online to access the courses. Creating a learning profile on LearnSphere Online is free of charge. If you have any questions about accessing the training through LearnSphere Online, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.